1) Please read. You agree to these terms by attending the auction.
2) Auction is conducted in compliance with Section 2328 of the Commercial Code, Section 21700 of the Business and Professions Code and section 535 of the Penal code and the provisions of the California Civil Code.
3) This sale is without limit or reserve, except as noted in these Terms and Conditions.
4) ALL purchases are CASH or Cashier’s Check immediately after the sale or upon demand or the unit will be re-sold. Buyer cannot leave to get money when the auction is over. Be sure to consider deposits (Deposit Policy) and taxes in your bid. 5) A refundable deposit, minimum of $100.00, is charged for each unit sold. The amount of the deposit is at the discretion of management and/or the auctioneer and may be set at anytime before or after the unit is sold. 6) This sale is a legal transfer of ownership. The valid satisfaction of a lien legally transfers ownership of the contents to the buyer. The buyer must remove all of their items from the premises by CLOSE OF BUSINESS on the next day unless other arrangements are made with the facility Manager. Anything not removed in the time allotted is considered abandoned and will be removed. The deposit will NOT be refunded and attendance at future auctions may be denied. The buyer will be initiated into the "$100.00 Club"(see our "cleaning deposit policy"). The facility manager may file a small claims action in court to recoup the cost of clean out. Take everything, you own it!
7) All Buyers without a valid resale number on file with J. Michael’s Auction, Inc. must pay state sales tax at the rate for the county in which the sale is held.
8) Do not use facility dumpsters without permission.
9) All lots/units are sold “as is, where is”. No warranties are implied or expressed as to fitness, salability or condition. Buyer beware, you are buying at your own risk.
10) Management and auctioneer reserve the right to bid for units if an announcement is made prior to the start of the auction.
Historically, J. Michael's Auction, Inc. has never, nor ever will, bid on any units. It is against our company policy!
11) No smoking in any building or units.
12) It is the Buyer’s duty to return all personal papers, photos, identifications and other personal items in the unit to the manager. Identify these items with the unit number from which they were removed. This is a very important item. Please return personal items.
13) Do not go into units or touch any items in units. Violation may result in expulsion.
14) The owner of the unit has the right to redeem the unit until it is purchased.
15) No one under 18 is allowed at the auction unless accompanied by an adult.
16) All persons must register to attend and/or participate in the sale. A valid address & phone number is required. If your resale number is not on file note the number when registering. We verify all resale numbers.
17) Management has the right to withdraw a unit from the sale at any time for any reason.
18) Any person attending the sale, or removing goods from units sold, assume all risks of damage and/or loss to their person and property and specifically release J. Michael’s Auction, Inc. and the Storage Company from any and all liability arising out of these acts. Neither J. Michael’s Auction, Inc. nor his principles shall be held liable by reason of any defect in or condition of the premises on which the sale is held. Please, Be Careful!
19) When a dispute arises the auctioneer shall decide the dispute or immediately put that lot up for re-sale to the highest bidder. Any decision of the auctioneer is final and absolute.
20) The auctioneer reserves the right to set all bid increments and to refuse any bid.
21) Any firearms, drugs or any illegal items are removed from the units to be disposed of in a proper and legal manner.
22) Vehicles are not sold unless the Department of Motor Vehicle lien process is completed. Back DMV registration fees may be due on any vehicle/vessel purchased. Please call DMV for more information.
23) Please refer any questions concerning this auction to the Auctioneer or Manager.
JMA 2011 (Bond #’s 142295787 & 1836232) Rev A 2011